Wednesday, July 14, 2010

What is it?

What is it that you want my love
To what do you aspire?
Your hopes, your thoughts, your wishes
Your dreams and your desires?

What visions fill your dreams at night
When last you close your eyes?
What is it that will make your heart
So carefree that it flies?

Please tell me dear of all these things
And what you’d have me do
For if it made you happy
I’d hang the moon for you

I’d climb the highest mountain
Put moonbeams in a jar
I’d capture you a rainbow
And then a falling star

I’d steal a swallow’s morning song
And then sweet words I’d write
Compose for you a love song
To sing to you each night

What is it that you want my love
To make your life complete?
For I would gather up the world
And place it at your feet

Gordon Merritt

No comments:

Post a Comment