Thursday, July 15, 2010

As The Candles Dance

Looking at you now
Seeing the candlelight flicker off your body
As if it were dancing shadows
I cannot think of anything that I have ever seen
That is more beautiful
You fill my soul, you mezmorize me
Numb my mind
tranquillize my senses
Euphoria
I will love you if you will let me
My passion re-ignites
with each look you send me
Like sparks to dry tinder
My soul is chaste and wanting
My love is pure and untainted
My spirit is undaunted
Lead and I shall follow
Lift me and I shall walk beside you
Ask and I shall carry you
Pushing my feet deeper into the sands
But only the weight of your indecision shall burden me
For your love makes me light
One set of footprints is the sign of two walking as one
And your body shall warm and strengthen me
You give me life and reason
You energize my soul
You are mine
Even though you stand alone in the shadows
As the candles dance

Gordon Merritt

No comments:

Post a Comment