Saturday, July 16, 2011

Off topic- Is romance dead?

Is Romance dead?

I remember when I was a child
old blues eyes sang and women swooned.
He never sang on the radio then...
but he sang in my house on the old record player
and in my heart as I watched my grandparents dancing cheek to cheek.

An American in Paris... singing in the rain...
when men opened doors and offered seats
when men were gentlemen and women were ladies...
I always thought that I was born in the wrong place and time.

Knights in shining armor were common, and chivalry had a place
People were decent to each other
and war was a horror not a way of life.
children could talk to strangers... and still get home.

Love was simple,
boy meets girl,boy says hello, no text omg....
no cell phones or ipods..
people talked to people not to computers.
a single red rose meant something

Is romance dead?
I hope not...
I hope that there are still people out there like me
Dreamers and schemers and women who still want romance.
If not... they can bury me now.

Am I an antique?
A relic, a useless antiquity of a bygone era
Nice to look at, but of no real use?
yes I am older...but am I defunct?
It has been a long time since I been able to show my romantic side

but a guy can hope can't he?

No comments:

Post a Comment