Monday, March 18, 2013

too long since I have written here.... and I  apologize to those who have read. Poetry needs inspiration and I have been uninspired for quite some time, but I heard from an old friend. She stole my heart the day I met her, not just for her outward beauty but for her humility and passion... she inspires me to write when I speak to her. Sadly I am much too old to ever win her heart, but I am blessed to look upon the beauty she shows both outward and within her soul and heart...  a new poem for her....

Seeds

Tis sad, words to far and distant to be heard
Sentiment of a bygone era, to faint to hear but for the chosen few
Too few now to be counted and I fear too soon gone.

A brushed cheek, a flushed cheek and one heart skips a beat
Hand to cheek means nothing now but to those who capture hearts
and to those whos hearts need capture...

Hair in my face, a perfumes trace to speed the beat of a lonely heart
Touch of a hand, nape of neck and the lobe of an ear to lighty bite
Too subtle for these times but

Desire is a lost art, want is a lost need... to fast we speed
and loose the charm and fervor of lust... for want is the seed of love,

and seeds need time to grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment